Sunday, May 3, 2015

Mask


This is the picture of my mask. The Reason why I took this picture is because it portrays how people are putting on masks and people struggle to be themselves and this is saying that we need to leave our masks behind and continue to live out as ourselves and be comfortable in our own skin. This demonstrates festivals of renewal and how we when we take off our mask it is our own new-self. This also shows theater and how people try to put on an act to make people like them and we need to learn how to not put on an act, take off the mask and be ourselves.

The mask covers up our true self and we need to learn how to get rid of our ideal self and just be our true self. If we all take off our masks and be ourselves there would be a lot less drama I would think and people would not judge other people not nearly as much as they do now. If we do not take it off it will distort who we really are deep down.

I think that if we can take off the mask we can truly express ourselves the right way then. In my picture I was trying to make it so it looked like I was looking back at the mask that I put on to express my self, and when looking back I am determining whether or not to keep it or get rid of it. We can express our true selves if we just forget about it.

The dialogue between our true self and false self has a lot of tension on both ends. It is hard to believe that we are unable to express our own self because we are so caught up with things that define us that are around us. We are afraid to show our true self.

No comments:

Post a Comment