Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Midterm Slideshow


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeDie1Gapu4&feature=youtu.be


  My slideshow demonstrates my ability to take quality photographs as well as intertwining media images to make a unique story to go along with my slideshow. My slideshow has many different types of pictures including multiple edits that demonstrate my knowledge on what works for my pictures and what does not look good for my images. I would s ay that my slideshow gives great examples of what it is like to explore and not being afraid of getting lost.

There are many things that I believe that work well for my slideshow. Somethings could maybe be changed in a slight way but overall that is what makes it most unique. I think the combination of having both black and white, and color photographs make it seem like a neutral feel because of the differences. I think that it flows well with my media pictures because it sort of tells a story in a way and how we need to explore and take more risks. I would also say that my slideshow has good rhythm and the continuity is on point. 

Somethings I could probably work on when it comes to my photography is that I need to remember the rule of thirds and also to center things if it works well. Also I think I can improve my editing skills and be willing to take more risks when it comes to editing and making a picture special. I think that I could do a better of analyzing each picture and making sure that the order works in which I put them in.

I think the media quotes really fit in to my slideshow well. When I first heard we were going to explore and "get lost" my first thought was an advertisement from North face that says "never stop exploring". I think this works because it is at the end of my slideshow and throughout my show it is like were exploring through the pictures and moving along a path. That is why I put a scene from the patriot in it. Not only does it look like you can put them in my pictures but they are also exploring and potentially lost in the image I took. I don't think my images bother my imagination because I can picture those things when I made the slideshow so I think that they fit well. Over all it has a nice flow to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment